8 Reasons You Should Outsource your App Development
Developments in the global tech industry, rise in demand, and the ever increasing costs, have pushed companies to outsource app development to see their ideas come to life.
The problem is, with such high expectations, creating even just one app well is expensive. Consider your current resources. Do you have the right skill-sets or enough developers with the appropriate training and experience? If not, how much will it cost you to address those gaps? How about marketing, and customer service to cope with the surge of a successful title launch? This is where App Development Outsourcing shines.
Here are pointers to follow when choosing a software development outsourcing partner:
1. Cost-Effectiveness - An outsourcing company that tackles mobile app development offers affordable project packages with detailed quote breakdowns. Discussions with your chosen outsourcing provider will include ironing out project timetables while keeping within your agreed budget, and the final product is one to be proud of. You also have a lower risk of incurring large overhead expenses, hassle-free scalable teams, experience, and aftermarket services such as marketing, customer service, and moderation.
The location of the development team factors into the budget, especially when you consider average annual costs. A Boston College study cited the importance of going to a location where a highly-skilled team of developers is available to fit your budget. The Gartner report and Forbes highlighted Vietnam as one of the leading contenders for keeping labor costs down, especially in light of higher expenses in places such as China. The 2013 Services Offshoring Ranking report by Tower Watson put Vietnam at No3 in a global tally of off-shoring hotspots and No1 in competitive cost estimates. Gartner marked Vietnam as a Tier I outsourcing location in 2014.
2. Team Organization – Outsourcing companies who specialize in mobile software development will delegate a professionally-managed talent team to the project. It is important to compile accurate legal documentation for the project, from design specs to non-disclosure agreements. You can arrange for the team to work on specific areas of your program, if you intend to handle some of the app’s core functions yourself. Workflow management tools will track the activity schedules.
A project manager will be your point of contact. This expert will be briefed on your needs and convey them to your team. Scheduled meetings with your manager (or the entire team in some cases) are also opportunities to see the builds stages, and maintain timelines of development.
3. Cross Platforming – App development companies recognize the need to configure the product to run on Android, iOS, Windows, as well as personal computers for web-based applications. Even if you start on one platform, defining which future platforms your app should should be available to at an early stage of build, will save significant costs in rebuilds to retrofit the framework coding. Deciding later you want to explore iOS and have only planned for Android, is almost a complete rebuild.
4. Expertise – Preparing an app that runs across several platforms and functions well require various programming codes and will justify hiring a development team who can write highly-functional code in those languages. Each coder’s programming expertise will include C++, C#/.NET, Java, and more, covering at least Android and iOS. In parallel, the graphic designers attached to the project will help you design interfaces that are easy-to-follow with intuitive functions for a comprehensive user experience.
5. Quality Assurance – A reputable software development outsourcing company will have a dedicated QA team with a state-of-the-art lab. Projects will go through strenuous quality control and troubleshooting to locate bugs, and make your product as glitch free as possible. This includes manual and automation testing, security testing, Functional testing and many more QA control services.
6. Security – The best apps out there can be vulnerable to hacks if they’re not carefully subjected to security test. A dedicated and skilled in-house quality assurance lab is meant to take on this challenge. Business apps, for example, should have solid cybersecurity mechanisms implanted to safeguard connections to customer databases, credit card transactions, and other core elements of personal data, not to mention the reputation of the company itself.
7. Marketing Plan in Place – The success of your app will rely heavily on showcasing its features to an interested market audience and to convince them of the benefits. An experienced outsourcing company will take care of your app’s marketing strategy if you desire it, using time-tested marketing methods, industry experience, and media contacts to get the word out. A well-crafted app marketing plan may highlight user reviews that are objective and offer constructive criticisms.
8. Continued Service – A successful launch is only half the work and your development team can be put in place for patches and new features down the line. A tech maintenance team will take care of your servers while a customer service team will be ready to handle enquiries.
When you are planning the development of a unique app for your customers, Gear Inc has the tools to make it happen with you.